Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Distractions - Show Time.

After all the baby stuff it was nearly time to submit for the Melbourne Show. With work being busy as well I didn't have enough time as I would have liked. In the end though I did manage to get one cotton doiley and one toy dalek completed.


This is the doiley I submitted. I was very pleased to be awarded third place. This photo isn't very good and the doiley seems to have sagged quite a bit. I'll have to add more starch next time.


The Dalek didn't do as well. Not surprising considering I had to enter it in the "Any Article of Crochet Not Previously Mentioned" class. To be fair he was commended. But he was beaten by two lacy table cloths and a baby blanket.


No wonder he's sheepishly hiding in the corner of the display case.

No comments:

Post a Comment